Spinach, sarson saag and bathua cooked with spices and maize flour, served with bajre ki roti.
Recipe Cook Time : 1 Hour
Servings : 4 adults
For Sarson Ka Saag : 1 kg mustard greens (sarson), 1 kg spinach (palak), 1 kg bathua, 100 ml mustard oil, 5 dry red chillies (whole), 2 1/2 Tbsp garlic (chopped), 3 onions (chopped), 2 tomatoes (chopped), 1 tsp red chilli powder, 1 pinch turmeric powder, 100 gm maize flour (makke ka atta), 1 Tbsp ginger (chopped), 5-6 green chillies, 100 gm white butter
For Bajre Ki Roti : 200 gm millet flour (bajre ka atta), 50 gm wheat flour (gehu ka atta), Salt to taste
- Boil spinach, sarson saag and bathua together. Strain water and grind to a paste.
- Take mustard oil in a kadhai. Put in dry red chillies, garlic and onion for tempering.
- When onion is fried to golden brown, add tomatoes and a pinch of red chilli powder and turmeric powder as well.
- Add maize flour and stir fry.
- Once masala is cooked, add the green paste. Cool well for 20-30 minutes, and add ginger and green chillies for balance.
- Serve hot with white butter.
For Bajre Ki Roti
- Knead dough with all these ingredients and water.
- Take equal portions of dough and roll out into rotis.
- Cook on a tawa on both sides like a regular roti.