A gooey, mushy serving of chocolate is all that is needed to lift up your spirits, it is a bonus when you can cook it in a jiffy! Create this sensational chocolate cake with ease and delight.
Recipe Cook Time : 45 Minutes
Servings : 5 adults
For the cake : 1 1/2 cup sifted flour, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 2 cup sifted sugar, 1 cup oil, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 1/2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 3 eggs, 1 cup coffee, 1 Tbsp vanilla essence
For the icing : 2 cup icing sugar, 1 cup unsalted or salted butter, 1 Tbsp vanilla essence, 100 gms choco chips
For the cake
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- In a bowl, add sifted flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix well.
- In another bowl break the eggs and whisk well.
- Slowly add sugar and whisk until fluffy.
- Add 1 cup oil, milk, coffee and vanilla essence.
- Mix well.
- Fold this mixture into the bowl containing the flour, mix.
- Pour into cake tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 180 degrees. Wash green peas and drain all the water.
For the frosting
- Whisk together sifted icing sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla essence as a flavour agent.
- Melt cocoa chips and fold into the mix.
- Once baked, cool it on a rack.
- Invert it onto a plate. Gently spread the frosting over the cake.