A crisp dosa made with rava and topped with a onion-green chilly mixture.
Recipe Cook Time : 45 Minutes
Servings : 2 adults
Ingredients : 1 cup rava (semolina), 1 cup rice flour, 3 green chillies (chopped), 1/2 inch finely grated ginger, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds salt to taste, A pinch of asafoetida, 3 onions (finely chopped), 3 tsp cashew nuts (roasted) & broken oil
- Mix the rice flour and rava with some water and mix till its a smooth batter.
- Add the asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt.
- Cover and keep it in a warm place for a few hours to ferment.
- Mix the chopped onions, green chillies, ginger, cashew nuts and black pepper in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat a flat pan (tawa) and grease it with a spoon of oil. Add some water in the dosa batter and make it into a thin batter.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter in center of the pan and quickly spread with outward spiral motion to form a thin pancake of about 8 inches in diameter.
- Sprinkle some onion-green chilli mixture on top of it. Dot the edges with little oil and cook until golden brown.
- Using a spatula carefully fold the dosa and remove from the pan. Serve hot with chutneys or sambhar.