Fusilli pasta cooked in a herby, tomato-based, sensational sauce makes an easy and anytime meal.
Recipe Cook Time : 40 Minutes
Servings : 4 adults
Ingredients : 200 gms fusilli pasta, Water (for boiling), Salt (to taste), 4 Tbsp oil, 3 medium tomato (chopped), 1 green chilli (chopped), 6 cloves of garlic (finely chopped), 1 sprig of spring onion (chopped), 2 onions (chopped), 2 pinches of dried herbs, 2 tbsp of tomato sauce chilli sauce (optional), A few sprigs of parsley (for garnish)
- Boil 2 liters of water.
- In the boiling water, add 2 tsp salt and 1 Tbsp oil.
- When the water is past boiling point, add the pasta. Keep stirring.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and use immediately.
- If using later, drizzle with oil and keep aside.
- Take 3 Tbsp oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic.
- Add the dried herbs.
- When it starts giving out a little aroma, add the chopped onions and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chopped green chillies, spring onions and chopped tomatoes and fry for another 1 minute.
- Now add the boiled pasta, salt to taste and sauce.
- Add a little chilli sauce if spicy is preferable.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
Note: You may also add diced mushrooms and broccoli for a more wholesome meal.