Fluffy little carrot muffins to delight your loved ones. Made with the crunch of nuts and a hint of cinnamon.
Recipe Cook Time : 1 Hour
Servings : 2 adults
Ingredients : Oven Temp: 325F-160C, 3 cups carrots (grated), 2 cups (240 gm) all purpose flour, 1 cup assorted nuts (chopped), 2 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder, 2 cups (480 gm) brown sugar or grated jaggery, 1 1/2 cup oil (360 ml), 4 eggs (lightly beaten), Pastry cups and muffin pans
- Roll nuts in some flour and keep aside.
- Sift flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add to this the brown sugar/jaggery, oil and beaten eggs. Mix well.
- Mix in the carrots and nuts.
- Put the batter into the pastry cups (not more than 1/2 full) and bake in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool.