A toss up of mushrooms and capsicums drizzled with a creamy, cheesy sauce.
Recipe Cook Time : 30 Minutes
Servings : 4 adults
Ingredients : Oven Temp: 325F-160C, 2 Tbsp butter, 1 cup onions (chopped fine), 1 large capsicum (de-seeded and sliced thin), 200 gm mushroom (sliced broad), 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp black pepper (freshly powdered), 3 cups cheese (grated), A few tomato slices for garnish
For the White Sauce : 2 cups milk, 1 cup maida, 2 Tbsp butter
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep stirring to avoid lumps.
- Melt the butter add onions and capsicum and stir-fry till they look glossy.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to stir-fry over high heat till vegetables look like they are coated with the butter.
- Take it off the heat and mix in the salt, pepper and white sauce.
- Transfer mixture into a oven proof serving dish.
- Sprinkle the cheese to cover the mixture, garnish with the tomato slices and bake in a pre-heated oven for half an hour, or till cheese is slightly brown.